Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

Roadblocks to Industry Immersion

In life’s journey, we encounter roadblocks that will hinder us in achieving our goals in life. But a wise man won’t let these be a hindrance in achieving his goals, but rather use them as a driving force to work harder.
               
               For my first blog, I would like to share my encountered roadblocks in my journey to industry immersion.

Roadblock 1: Company Hunting
                Prior to our enrolment in industry immersion, one of our classmates in our AI subject, advised us to hunt for company that will cater us for industry immersion. So right there and then, I contacted some of my colleagues in the academe if they know some companies that will accommodate us for industry immersion. But in vain, no one among those suggested companies can accommodate us.
                Just after our orientation for industry immersion we acquired endorsement letter coming from our dean, Dr. Ruji, and tried our luck to pass the said letter in NGCP La Union branch. But here comes the next roadblock.

Roadblock 2: REJECTION, not just once but twice!!!
                We personally passed the letter to NGCP, but we were rejected. The reason? They said that they are just accommodating college student for On-The-Job training in their company. So with a heavy heart we left the company.
                We presented the same letter to Holcim Inc, La Union Branch, but again we were rejected. Me and my colleagues have to think fast, the clock is ticking and we still have lots to do for our industry immersion. Without second thought, we went to our local government unit here in Bacnotan, La Union and in our delight, our Mayor gladly accepted and let us observe the operation/process of the following departments: the municipal Health Office and Department of Agriculture. He even let us choose our own mentor. This leads to my next roadblock.

Roadblock 3: Personal Interest and Mentor searching
                We were allowed to accompany the medical team to their medical mission in barangay to observe their operation. I would say that Information Technology can be a great help in this field, I even thought of a research study for this, but something is still holding me back in focusing in “IT in Medicine”, so we decided to check the department of agriculture.
                The municipal department of agriculture has a lot to offer such as fisheries, livestock, rice, corn and many more. After series of interview with the available coordinators, suddenly, it came to me!!! I will be focusing in livestock, particularly goat and goat production. What’s left for me to do is to think of a research study wherein Information Technology can offer in this field.
                  I'm looking forward for the next turn of events. 

Mga Komento

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Please Type Your comments here: